Monday, December 10, 2012

Reflection on Introduction and Literature Review

1.) What are your strengths for writing the introduction/literature review?

I think that much of the strength I have in my paper thus far comes from the fact that I do not have much literature to work with. Since this is a new field of research, most of my data is coming from my own interview. That said, moving forward I will need to make sure that I do a good job explaining and connecting my points. Since there is little to reflect on with the literature I am going to have to make up for that with a lot of sound data analysis.

2.) Research problem identified in introduction?

The problem I am looking towards is the effect of unethical internet practices on small businesses. This problem is "resolved" by exploring the accounts in the interview I conducted, as well as looking at some of the issues brought up in my literature (the twitter conversation). The importance of this project is that unregulated SEO may cause a lot of damage to smaller businesses, and since (as I have mentioned) this is not a regulated field, it could carry on and cause many problems without the broader public (including the small business owners themselves) having any awareness.

3.) What have other researchers found out about this?

As stated above, little to no research has been done in this field.

4.) How do you connect question three to the purpose of your project?

Again, I have little to work with. I have been able to connect the opinions of business types (discussed in the Twitter conversation) with the input by the small business owners I interviewed, but nothing is concrete and almost all of the data is speculation on the part of both the Twitter parties and small business owners.

5.) What is your plan for revision?

Since I have not actually posted my introduction, I am not sure what I will revise just yet. I have not posted the intro itself because I found in my short analysis project that I made the mistake of doing the introduction first and then having my analysis not match up fully with it. In order to avoid that problem I am not writing my introduction in full until my analysis is complete.

6.) What feedback do you want?

At this point I welcome any and all feedback, but I believe that I have not given enough of my project to the blog yet for appropriate feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment