Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Best Version of Research Question

For my final project, which will be mainly focusing on the ethic of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) through the eyes of a small business owner (who I will be interviewing), I have honed my question multiple times.

The final question, which I believe I will get the most data for, is as follows:

"How might the ethics behind Search Engine Optimization affect small businesses? Will the growing trend of using SEO produce positive or negative results and does that mean that SEO should be regulated in some way?"

There are multiple layers to the question, but my main focus is on the role of smaller businesses in the era of Search Engine Optimization. I hope to shed some light on how smaller businesses will have to adapt with these trends.

My interview participants, a brother and sister who own a small business together, are avid users of the internet for both personal and professional reasons and will have a wealth of information about how they feel search engines work in regards to business.

Questions will center around the nature of the participants' business, how and where they sell their exclusive products, how often they use the internet to promote their business, occurrences where search engines have led them astray and the possible outcomes of battling larger companies that consistently utilize Search Engine Optimizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment